We are back home and trying to get back into the swing of things. I have been busy scrap booking our vacation. I have decided to take a short break to share the pictures I had promised. These pictures were taken on the Big Island, Hawaii. I will have to load more later for some reason they just don't want to load. It is a big Island that has a lot open land. There are wild goats, donkeys, and pigs everywhere. The people are fairly laid back, but the drug scene is prevalent. It was obvious that there is not too much for the kids [that live there] to do. And the shops in the tiny town where we stayed, well they would close by 7pm. Not many people would venture out after dark either. During the day it was wonderful. It was hot and muggy, but the ocean breeze would kick up and cool the air to perfection. We went to the Volcano's National Park and walked all over the place. We did a 6.2 mile hike through the rain forest. Mike and Dennis went onto the floor of the volcano. That same night she erupted in what is know as a fountain. That only happens every 5 to 10 years. We missed that thankfully, I think. We went to Black Sands Beach, where Dennis while swimming kicked a green sea turtle and saw a shark. He was done. We went to Lekeleke Burial Grounds where we walked the lava fields and explored the tide pools. We also went snorkeling at Kealakekua Bay near where Captain Cook met his fate. That was a fun place to swim. One minute you are in 350 feet of water and the next you are in 3 feet of water. That night Dennis and I went snorkeling with the Manta Rays. That was the coolest thing I have ever done. They are massive and beautiful animals that are so graceful in the water. We got a video of the whole experience. Dennis and I are in it a lot. They Mantas seemed to enjoy us as much as we enjoyed them.
Ashley and Dennis at Lekeleke Burial Grounds
Ashley laughing at Dennis after he kicks a Green Sea Turtle accidentally


i love that picture of Ashly laughing at Dennis. It's so cute.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had more picture of me and my siblings together.