



We are back from Hawaii. We flew in this morning. The kids went all the way home. Mike and I are here in California getting ready to start another adventure. These are just some shots I took with my phone. The good pictures are still in the camera. They will just have to wait until we get home. The top two pictures are from the bay where we stayed. The canoe is practicing for the race that was held yesterday. That was awesome to watch too. The next one is of Ashley and Dennis at Volcano's National Park. We had a blast there. The volcano erupted that same night in a fountain. That only happens once every five to ten years. We missed that by hours. That was a good thing in a way, cause Mike and Dennis decided to walk on the floor. They were crazy. Ashley and I told them we couldn't run fast enough if she blew. Famous last words, huh? They thought we were being silly. The next picture is of the black beach where the sea turtles settle. I know you can't see it in this picture, but in the future pictures you will see how black and beautiful this beach really is. Dennis and Ashley went swimming there and Dennis accidentally kicked a turtle. Dennis had a nice red mark on the top of his foot. On Friday we went snorkeling. We went to the bay where Capt. Cook was killed, Kealakekua Bay. The water was amazing. We were swimming in anywhere from 3 to 350 feet of water. The spinner dolphins graced us with there present too. That night Dennis and I went out for a swim with the Manta Rays. These are now officially my favorite fish in the world. They were massive. They ranged from 8-15 feet across and 300-2000 pounds. Kara was one that liked me a lot. She kept flipping under me. She was less than a foot away from me and Dennis. Dennis had one named Lefty that was in love with him. She would seek him out just to flip for him. She was the largest and the oldest that night. She is almost 15 feet across and she has been coming to the same spot for over 30 years. She was an adult when she was first seen there. They can live up to a hundred years. I will have so much more to share later.


that sounds like so much fun! I'm so jealous! John and I have talked about Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary. We only have 2.5 years left to go. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you all had an excellent time. You needed family together time.
Have an enjoyable rest of your trip!
When you are a year out from your trip let me know. We will let you have our condo. This trip for the week cost us $20.16. That would save you a ton of money. But I would need a year to book it.
ReplyDelete