Tuesday, February 9, 2010

They're on one

I work with a lady that should never work with kids, and surely not work with Autistic kids. She was sent over from another classroom, as what one might call a trade. Or class traded a man that had trouble dealing with our kids. He got hurt and could not work with our kids. Nearly everyday since acquiring Tracy she has made the same comment, "Look out, he's on one." Our kids are always on one, and every time she says this it sets our kids off. Our kids are Autistic not stupid. Last Thursday Kira the head teacher held a special teaming. During this teaming she told us (as a whole) not to use "he's on one." Yesterday she said it, and we ignored it. We all figured that she just slipped and didn't mean it. Well, today she said it over and over and I snapped. I said to her in front of Kira, "THEY ARE ALWAYS ON ONE." Then she look at me and asked me if it was because it is a full moon. Without so much as a breath I snapped back, "NO IT CALLED AUTISIM." Kira kept washing the dishes and as soon as Tracy huffed out of the room, Kira started laughing. I did apologize to Kira, since she is the head teacher and I just an aid, but damn it to hell, if you hate you job, quit. Kira laughing said that I was fine and that she could not have said it any better. Oh FIY it is a crescent moon tonight not a full one.

1 comment: