Tuesday, March 10, 2009

SURPRISE MIKE

Last Tuesday I got the idea to surprise Mike in California and ride home with him. I feel so bad for him having to ride home all by himself. Anyway, I called my older daughters and asked them if there was any way that they could and would pick me up. Of course both said no problem, so on line I went. I found the flight that I wanted and called my fly miles company. I booked a flight and paid the $5.00's for the taxes. On Thursday, school got our early and I was on my way. Ashley dropped me off at the airport. I met the catcher for the LA Angels. We sat together. His name is Jared Boles. He is very nice guy. We had a great conversation with a lady named Bridgette. The poor guy had to in between two of Chatty Cathy's. He was great and funny and did not mind, because it made the flight go by faster. I had a lay over in Phoenix for about an hour, I was off to Burbank. When I landed the girls picked me up and we went to dinner at the best Sushi place I have ever been too. Can't remember the name of it, but grub for days. Then we went to have ice cream. That is where I called Mike and told him that I was out with my friend Emily and I would talk to him the next day. Friday, I watched my two youngest grand daughters. We played all day long. It was the greatest thing ever. At two Michelle called her dad and told him that she was still coming up to visit. Michelle, Shauna, Michaela, Alissa, Vanessa, and I went to the fire station. As we were pulling into the parking lot, I called Mike on my cell. He was talking about work, all the while I was sneaking in through that back door. He was still going on because it had been a bad day for him, when I poked my head around the door in his office. There he sat. Boots on his desk, as he was leaning back in his chair still on the phone venting. Then he saw me. His face was like a kid that got the perfect Christmas gift. He was so excited and clueless. I even sent him text pictures of airplane wings and engines from each plane I flew on. All he said was Oh now the pictures make sense. What a dork, God I love him. The next day he came to the girls' house to get me. He took all of us, except for Michelle out for breakfast. She had to work. After that we went to Michaela's softball game. It was late (for us) before we left. Michaela's game was great. She is a good ball player. We had so much fun. After the game we left for home. By the time we arrived in Mesquite, NV we were exhausted. We stayed in a room there. It was so nice to be alone with Mike. I got quality time with him. Every time he comes home he is torn between the three of us. This was good for us. We got home Sunday afternoon. Mike said that I could do that anytime I wanted too. He liked the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment