May 22, 2009, at 8:27am, we said goodbye to our beloved Sammy dog. It was the hardest thing I think I have ever done. Both Mike and I were there. Sam kept going from Mike to Me then Me to Mike as we waited for the doctor to come in. He finally laid down and got comfortable when the vet came in. She rolled Sam so she could see his IV. I held his head in my lap and talked to him as he drifted into sleep. As he closed his eyes he sighed a big sigh and relaxed in my arms. He opened his eyes one more time, and looked me straight in the eye as if to say," it's okay mom I am good now." Then one final deep breath and it was over. I kept talking to him and holding him, and I wept. Sam will be missed by everyone he very got to meet. He was the best dog anyone could ever ask for. I am comfortable in the fact I will see him again on a rainbow bridge in heaven. Thank you all for your love and prayers.
Email Address Update Liz Evans
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment