Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Pig

Well I spent the morning at Urgent Care with Ashley. She was pumped with two bags of IV fluids and given some medication to help with the aches and pains, not to mention the nausea. She was tested for strep and the flu. She tested negative for both, but the doctor said that he needs to trust his gut, and his gut is telling him that she has the flu, The Swine Flu. He started her on Tamaflu, a steroid, nausea medication, and a antibiotic for good measure and for the ear the was red. Poor little thing. She is sleeping well now, but last night was another story. I hardly slept at all last night. Both of the dogs whimpered and spent the night looking for Sam. The refused to eat and wanted me to hold them. I ended up coming down stairs to lay with them. Then a 3am, Ashley came and found me. She curled up on me with a nice fever and cried. I asked her if she wanted to the hospital and she said no. I held her until 5am then she went back to her bed. I fell asleep until 8am. It has been a rough weekend for us. I just want to sleep in tomorrow. I think I am going to turn off the phones and black out the bedroom windows and crash at 8 tonight. Wish me luck.

2 comments: