This morning I went for a jog. Yes you read that right, a jog. Ashley went with me and it was short and sweet. I made a goal. It was to jog the path that runs through the park just down the street to the other street about 400 yards down the path. I DID IT! I have allergies and could hardly breathe towards the end, but I heard the sweetest little voice say, "Come on Mom you are almost there." I couldn't stop, I just couldn't. I pushed through the fear of not being able to suck in a decent breath and made it. It took me a minute to catch my breath and then we power walked home. To some you might think, only 400 yards, and that's okay with me. I think of it as heck yes I did 400 yards with out stopping and I felt like I couldn't breath. I am on top of my world.
I am also down to 194 and my BMI has dropped to 34%. I work out almost everyday for an hour or longer. I am doing a lot of aerobic exercise and yoga. I am also starting to do some weight training. At first I was only able to hold the plank position for 11 seconds and now I am up to 30. If you have never tried it, go for it I dare you. I have been using my Wii fit for most of my exercising and the Jillian Michaels for the other. I have to go to Curves too, but they have switched their hours and it has become hard for me to go. I will make it my goal to go this week.
I can't believe the energy that I have now. How young I feel. My ankle is holding up too. As you all know I had my Achilles repaired over a year ago. And you might have known that I have had a lot of trouble walking and doing simple things. I was in a considerable amount of pain each and every day. Not any more. I stretch it out with Yoga and it has not felt this good in years. I had torn it in a fall at the first job I ever had here in Utah, but did not know it. Then I really tore it up on a treadmill while trying to lose weight. I have had pain in that ankle for 6 years. Now I am nearly pain free. That has been emotionally up lifting.
The best part is I don't feel tired all the time. I am so glad to be gaining my life back one pound at a time.
Here is my before picture 210 lbs of Lori


No comments:
Post a Comment